A one week workshop on “Recent Advances in Engineering Science and Technology” was held at
National Institute of Technology Sikkim from March 01 st to o5 th , 2020. The workshop was jointly
organized by NIT Sikkim (sponsored by TEQIP-III) and INAE Kolkata Chapter. More than 100
participants from different Engineering institutes that include North Eastern Regional Institute of Science
and Technology, Sikkim Institute of Science and Technology, Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology,
IIEST Shibpur, The University of Burdwan and NIT Sikkim were joined the workshop. Name of resource
persons and their lecture topics in workshop are mentioned below,
1. Prof. Mahesh Chandra Govil, Director, NIT Sikkim: Recent Advances & Applications of Internet of Things.
2. Prof. Sankar K. Pal, National Science Chair: Granular data mining and analytics.
3. Prof. Bhargab B. Bhattacharya, IIT Kharagpur: Automating Biochemical Protocols with Microfluidic Lab-on-chip.
4. Prof. Debatosh Guha, University of Calcutta: New Generation Wireless Techniques.
5. Prof. Virendra Singh, IIT Bombay: Computer Architecture in 21 st Century.
6. Prof. Pragati Kumar, Delhi Technological University: Fundamentals of Amplifiers and CMOS Realisation of Analog Signal Processing Circuits.
7. Prof. Mrinal Kanti Mandal, IIT Kharagpur: Microwave Circuits & Systems.
8. Prof. Susanta Kumar Parui, IIEST Shibpur: Fundamentals and Applications of SIW Technology.
9. Dr. Ramesh Babu Battula, MNIT Jaipur: Next Generation Communications.
10. Dr. Anindya Bose, The University of Burdwan: GNSS: Scopes for Application Development using Compact, Low-cost Modules.
11. Dr. Surajit Kundu, NIT Sikkim: Performance Improvement of Printed antennas.
Also hand on training sessions are organized during the workshop as follows,
1. Hands on training on Cadence tool by Dr. Sanjay Kr. Jana and Dr. Sukanta Dhar, NIT Sikkim.
2. Hands on training on FPGA boards by Dr. Jeetendra Singh, NIT Sikkim.
3. Hands on training on CST and HFSS tools by Dr. Surajit Kundu and Dr. Ayan Chatterjee, NIT Sikkim.
4. Hands on training on Indian Navigation Satellites by Dr. Anindya Bose, The University of Burdwan.
Certificates were distributed to the participants and organizers during the valedictory session on day 5 (05.03.2020). In the vote of thanks, workshop coordinator Dr. Surajit Kundu shared sincere thanks to INAE, Kolkata chapter for collaborating with NIT Sikkim in joint organization of the workshop. He also expressed his gratitude to Prof. M. C. Govil, Director NIT Sikkim for his continuous support and guidance. He also thanked Dr. Ranjan Bose, Coordinator TEQIP-III, Dr. Sangram Ray, Nodal Officer Academic, TEQIP-III, Dr. Anindya Biswas, Nodal Officer (Finance), TEQIP-III, Dr. A. N. Biswas, Nodal Officer (Procurement), TEQIP-III, Dr. S. K. Jana, HOD, ECE, and all members of NIT Sikkim fraternity. The organizers are grateful to TEQIP-III for the sponsorship. Indeed the workshop was a great success and the participants urged for more number of such future workshops in their feedback.